Clearly Innovative is currently seeking part-time instructors to teach our Luma Lab curriculum to middle and high school students in our upcoming summer programs. This instructor is not required to have a background in technology. Our staff will train this individual on our existing curriculum and he/she will be responsible for executing lesson plans and reporting progress to the Luma Lab Education Coordinator on a regular basis.
This opportunity is ideal for those interested in STEM, specifically technology.
● Teach lesson plans about technology for use in the classroom.
● Create desired outcomes and evaluation procedures based on the curriculum
● Strong understanding of the course concepts being taught as well as any techniques and software
involved (typically CodeAcademy, FluidUI)
● Teach students how to use Prezi or Google Slides to present their work
● Define student workflow, establish metrics, deliverables, and other processes for measuring project
● Manage student expectations, maintaining student schedule, instituting accountability measures and
addressing student motivation and performance issues as necessary
● Serve as “sounding board” for student brainstorming and ideas
● Potentially help coordinate student field trips and other offsite activities
● Engage students in discussion and research relevant to the project at hand
● BA degree in Computer Science, Education or another relevant field. Candidate may be a Junior or Senior currently attending an accredited college or university.
● Preference for 1-2 years of teaching experience with elementary or high school students
● Positive attitude, genuine interest in STEM, team-oriented
● Compensation will be based on experience
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com with the subject line: Tech Ed Instructor Position